How I Felt:
I was very underwhelmed by this book. Relief to Belief is meant to be a book helping people find a way to feel relief. I found it to be lacking in support and self-help. The chapters were speaking at the reader and were written with a very know-it-all attitude. While I do want someone writing a self-help book to be knowledgeable, I want them to write it with language that feels compassionate and helpful. This was not written that way.
My Ratings Reasons:
This book had such a substantial amount of errors that I finally stopped marking them, it was taking too much time to make the notes. I do not ever want to call out errors in a book, unless they are extreme. Even books like Harry Potter had errors, so this is not meant to call out just a few minimal errors that I found. The entire book had glaring errors that made me confident that this book was not edited.
- Capitol letters were used in the middle of sentences:
- “There’s a saying which goes, ‘You’re what you speak”, This is very applicable here as well.” – Excerpt from Relief of Belief by Sophia Kaankuka
- Words missing from sentences:
- “I once had a conversation with a young lady. I asked her what inspires her the most, and she replied me, ‘My ability to define myself in all ramifications defines me’. – Excerpt from Relief of Belief by Sophia Kaankuka
Relief of Belief is filled with completely confusing statements. I do not feel that most readers, would be able to truly understand the meaning of these statements; I know that I could not.
- For Example: “Although, sometimes we may think that we don’t have the standard aggregates. But, then we have to comprehend that we should pen down our mind’s thoughts, and then put them to action, propose our positions, and gear ourselves up for effectuation” *Please note this statement was taken verbatim from the book. Any errors you see are not mine, but are from the book.*
While the book had chapters and sections, I did not feel that it was organized in a way that made it easy for a reader to follow and find help. Additionally, I was unable to find any actual steps and strategies to help someone find relief.
To Read or Not To Read:
I would not recommend that anyone read this book at this time. I was unable to find any self-help qualities in the book and it needs to be thoroughly edited and organized.
The following is the Relief of Belief synopsis taken from Goodreads.
Relief of Belief summarizes Relief as a veritable as well as a standard and vital ingredient that never pushes your buttons but braces you up for the best that is yet to come.
The fact that we are all pilgrims and tourists of our own life is a reality that you ought to fight your own battles despite the turbulence of the storm, You’d definitely find your map and that map would take you where you desire and where is best for you to go, I assure you that absolutely no one can push and pull you away because the best is staring at you on the face and the greatest is yet to come to you. Be resilient and persevere very hard, never give up; Always place your eyes on your game plans and achieve your dreams and aspirations very diligently, Never deviate from forward looking even when all seems a bit downwards and backwards. Be Inspired!
- Relief of Belief by Sophia Kaankuka
- Page Count: 53 pages
- Publisher: Independently Published (Sophia Kaankuka)
- Publishing Date: May 18, 2019
I was offered a free copy of this book by the author through Amazon Kindle. I am leaving my honest, unbiased review voluntarily.