This is an interactive workbook for children to help them organize their own spaces. I liked that there are spots in the book for the child to answer questions or draw something. I think it will help them to work through what they want their space to be.
I liked that this talks about organization but does also have a minimalist approach as well. I think it’s a good blend. There are a lot of positive reinforcement moments in the book, which could help a child move forward and feel like they are accomplishing things. I like those little touches throughout the pages.
Overall, my only struggle with this book is who exactly it’s geared toward. It has too much content for a younger child, so I think it’s best suited for a teen. The affirmations may feel too young for a teenager though. So, I’m thinking it might be best worked together with a parent and a middle-school aged child.
Where to Find This Book:
Life minimalist and host of The Purpose Show podcast Allie Casazza has created a resource for showing kids how to create and design their own space, offering practical ideas on organization and productivity, kid-friendly inspiration for mindfulness, and interactive pages for creativity in Be the Boss of Your Stuff–the decluttering guide that will promote independence in your kids and create a more peaceful home for your family.
Through her podcast, online courses, and first book titled Declutter Like a Mother, Allie Casazza has encouraged women to simplify and unburden their lives. Now she’s helping moms equip their kids and tweens to discover the same joy of decluttering as they
- Design and create a space that supports their interests and goals
- Make more room in their lives for playtime and creativity
- Increase productivity and find renewed focus for schoolwork
- Become conscientious consumers
- Learn valuable life skills
- Contribute to the family and household
- Cut down on cleaning time, reduce stress, and feel more peaceful
As she helps kids see that the less they own, the more time they have for what’s important, Allie breaks down each step of the decluttering process. Written in her fun, motivational voice, Be the Boss of Your Stuff
- Is ideal for boys and girls ages 8 to 12
- Includes photography and interactive activities with space to write, draw, imagine, and plan
- Is a great gift for coming-of-age celebrations, the first day of spring, New Year’s, Easter, birthdays, or school milestones
As your kids become more proactive in taking care of their stuff, you’ll find your whole family has more time and space for creativity and fun. After all, less clutter, less stress, and less chaos in your kids’ lives means more peace, more independence, and more opportunity to grow into who they’re meant to be.
Just the Facts:
Be the Boss of Your Stuff by Allie Casazza
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pub Date: March 8, 2022
I was provided a gifted copy of this book for free. I am leaving my honest review voluntarily.